Monday, February 19, 2007

Pierre Reports Early to Dodgers Spring Training

For all the crap that he's gotten over this offseason as one of the worst signings of the winter, Juan Pierre stepped up by showing up to spring training early, as reported by the Canadian Press. SoSG has no link to this article, which may seem dubious given it's Canadian, but I'm willing to take the leap.

Juan Pierre enters spring training feeling like a first-year player.

The 29-year-old outfielder, who signed a five-year contract with the Dodgers during the off-season, arrived at Dodgertown on Saturday during the first workout session for pitchers and catchers. He was among other early arrivals such as Andy LaRoche and Matt Kemp, two young players who will be fighting for spots this spring.

"I don't consider myself a veteran by any means so I look at it every year, I come out here and go all out like with a rookie mindset--get here early, get my work in and going to the house," Pierre said. "It's something I have always done."

In the Canadian Press article, Pierre also goes on to mention he is replacing one of this favourite players in Kenny Lofton. No word to whether he also likes going oot and aboot after working on his hitting proh-cesses all day, eh.

0 comments: